AttorneyLinkedIn Profile email@example.com 202-280-6370
Charlie Lyons is an associate attorney at Ferrari & Associates, P.C. Mr. Lyons assists clients on a range of issues involving the U.S. economic sanctions programs administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). He advises clients on prospective sanctions compliance issues, in addition to representing clients in enforcement actions before OFAC as well as related U.S. Constitutional and Administrative Procedure Act (APA) litigation.
Mr. Lyons attended the American University Washington College of Law, where he was a member of the American University International Law Review and the National Security Law Brief. He also was awarded by his school for exceptional pro bono service by completing 175 or more hours of pro bono legal work. While in school, he completed an internship at the United States Senate, Committee on Finance for Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) during the Committee’s renegotiations of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). In addition, Mr. Lyons interned at the Department of Labor’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs where he worked on trade issues related to the labor chapters in various U.S. free trade agreements.
- Assisted multinational corporation in identifying potential Cuba sanctions violations and submitting a voluntary self-disclosure with OFAC. Recommended enhancements to the company’s existing sanctions policies and procedures.
- Defended multinational corporation in civil forfeiture proceedings before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the Drug Enforcement Administration (“DEA”). Responded to DEA inquiries regarding seized funds.
- Represented Indian national before OFAC in seeking the removal of sanctions imposed on him. Assisted in responding to OFAC inquiries regarding his case.
- Assisted major international political leader in defending against various federal and state civil claims. Successfully dismissed most claims before trial.
- Represented prominent Lebanese businessman in seeking removal of sanctions imposed on him. Conducted investigation into his businesses to identify and recommend sanctions screening controls.